SDE has a strong process engineering team whose goal is to deliver the highest return on investment for our clients’ projects. Our focus is to apply leading-edge technologies to improve the process for greenfield and brownfield projects. We provide service from initial scoping level test work to design and construction of the plant. Every mine requires unique design and solutions for the highest utilization of resources, and our experienced mining and mineral processing engineers ensure the highest quality and safety.
Sacré-Davey is the world leader in ore sorting engineering.
Ore Sorting is a sensor based sorting technology, introduced between the excavation stage and the processing stage.
Every rock is scanned at high speed through the sensor on a conveyor belt where the valuable and waste materials are sorted into two separate piles using air jets.
The unwanted waste is diverted to the dump and only the ore is sent to the mill for further processing. This reduces the quantity of material entering the mill and also reduces dilation of the ore.
What we do
- Increase mine ROI based on new capex, opex and revenue
- Rebuild economic models using new mill feed grades
- Remove low grade rocks that a mine would lose money on.
- Typically 35-75% for open pits and 50-75% from underground mines.
- Generate value from waste by removing the few valuable rocks from waste piles
- Optimize ore sorting algorithms
How we do it
- Scoping studies
- PEA’s and updates of existing PEA’s
- Feasability and prefeasability studies
- Construction and commissioning
For a more detailed description of ore sorting process, please watch this fun short video:
Modular pre-crushing is a technology that reduces the size of the particles feeding a SAG Mill in order to improve throughput.
This process does not require a second SAG mill; instead, a portion of the primary crusher product is sent to a secondary crusher and the result, a finer SAG mill feed, allows the SAG mill to process increased tonnages.
The Sacré-Davey Difference
- Current pre-crushing plant designs around the world require a separate enclosure structure, with a proper foundation.
- This separate building requires vast capital investment with a project payback often exceeding 12 months.
- Sacré-Davey’s solution involves a modular plant design that can achieve the same benefits with significantly lower capital investment.
- The separate pre-crushing structure is replaced by a robust, prefabricated modular building consisting of only the necessary crushers and conveyers.
- The modular unit allows for the leasing of equipment
- The modular solution can reduce pre-crushing costs by 45-55% by minimizing labour, engineering and infrastructure cost
- The pre-crushing technology can increase tonnage by 10-20%
- The pre-assembled modular stand-alone equipment can reduce installation and commissioning costs by 60-70%
Our technically skilled professionals are committed to the successful engineering and project management of small, medium and large plant projects.
Since its inception, Sacré-Davey Ferenco has focused its primary effort on the lime industry. We have been responsible for 21 lime plants resulting in 3.6 million tons per year of installed capacity. Our work in the lime industry has included:
- Limestone crushing plants
- Lime production facilities
- Hydrate plants
- Precipitated calcium carbonate plants
As a natural progression, Sacré-Davey Ferenco has diversified its spectrum of services to include the cement, gypsum, flyash, clay, coal/coke, industrial sand and salt industries.